Who We Are
First known as Neill Missionary Baptist Church, it began in 1923, 4 miles south of Abilene, Texas.
In 1946, the church relocated to Buffalo Gap Road in the Wylie Community just south of Abilene, Texas. And in 1948, Wylie Baptist Church, formerly Neill Baptist, met in their new location.
In the years following, Wylie Baptist has undergone several additions and renovations. We have a membership of 1,500 and an average attendance of 500. In May of 2006 we completed the addition of new adult and children education space, office space and child development center dining room and offices.
We are excited that God has placed us in the Wylie community and see a wonderful future ahead of us. Come and join us and be part of what God has in store!